Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring....Trout lilies are around the corner

This is one of my favorite woodland flowers: TROUT LILY. I have lots in my backyard in April, just around the corner. They can be found in many woods, before the leaves on the trees come out. They are called trout lilies because the leaves are speckled like a trout. The flowers are the size of a quarter, and the heads droop over. This one was shot from laying my camera on the ground and shooting up! They grow in colonies and have been in my backyard for probably thousands of years......I will keep you posted on when the woodland flowers in the Detroit Metropolitan area can be spotted. I hope you are as excited as I am. Not much more profound to me than a simple woodland flower! The Power of the Flower!
I would love to hear of your woodland flower updates!
This paper is from CM "Best Buds" Digital Kit.

No comments: