Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Poem: Tree Book.......Poetry Night

I had an amazing "Poetry Night" with Jay, David and Laura last night.  I was lucky enough to be invited to share with their poetry group.  David had a poem about how he would write a poem if he had the time, and Jay wrote from his joyous vantage point...he really know how to live life.  They will be starting a group blog very soon, can't wait.
I brought my children's book idea and got some constructive feedback. I decided I am going to go ahead with it full force.  I will add more photos and pen and ink drawings as well as perfecting the words of the poem/book.  I have lots of work ahead, but I have always wanted to write and illustrate a children's book and I am ready to do it.  This great old maple tree in my own backyard is my inspiration.  
How wonderful it is that there are people to create such perfection with words. Thanks for sharing!

No comments: