Saturday, December 24, 2011

Vintage Christmas, Christmas Eve.....the 50's...8 little memories


Merry Christmas to all of my friends and family. Here are a few of my favorite memories.  My mother worked at Western Union all of my life.  She would bring me paper home with various Santa-gram designs on them.  She knew I could not get enough paper to draw on.  This one is a telegram to Dan from Santa when he lived in Illinois. I was so excited to see it 30 years later~  Below is Dan on Santa's lap in Illinois..........




Above is Dan and his family with American Logs....a re these generic Lincoln Logs?
Way above, my Dad bought my Mom a big box of candy.  Can you tell HE really liked candy?  She did not like it that much!
Trees were great in the 60's.....lots of tinsel.  Below are some of my Janowski cousins.
My mother really liked to have an amaryllis each year.  Now I do the same. I have 4 going right now. Some made babies.



Merry Christmas Everyone, from my house to yours!  Hope it is full of pretty paper, flowers, trees, great food, family, friends and memorable notes.



No comments: