Sunday, June 10, 2012

All Roses Blooming this week, Painted Ladies, today in the garden



This is the second year in a row that all of my roses bloomed at the same time. It is a happy day. I have finally gotten rid of the aphids on the pink roses.  The light pink and red roses (above) came from cuttings from my neighbors roses in Dearborn.  They have been there since the 1920's.  Maybe the roses will be my legacy.




 Here is another Rugosa rose in red violet below.  They smell heavenly and spread happily.



 The Pearly Everlasting Flowers are full of Painted Ladies caterpillars.Th  Not sure how long they take to turn into butterflies. I will surely have my camera ready for that.  This is my first year for this plant.  If I had known, I would have put many more in earlier.  I got the plant at Barson's in Westland Mi.

 Tons of radishes this year.....I have been eating them every day and giving them away too.  The horse manure was amazing this year. Below is my yellow rose taken with Instagram.

 These are my white rugosa's.  They smell heavenly.  Whenever I feel down, I just stick my nose in one of these flowers.

No comments: