Sunday, August 19, 2012

Today in the Garden....Asters, Butterfly Bush, Tomatoes fresh and roasted, Nasturtium



 New England Aster is my favorite flower...when it blooms----it really blooms up a storm!


 Butterfly Bush,.....my first year for that.
 The nasturtiums have bloomed all summer.....I tucked in corn, tomatoes and beans over here.  I have a couple of pumpkins, butternut squash and ornamental squash.

The entry to my garden.......marigolds, garlic, arugula, chard, tomato, kale, beans, corn, mint, rosemary, thyme, mustard greens, cucumber, dill, peppers, pumpkin, butternut squash, gourds, beets, radish, nasturtiums, peas.........
 Coreopsis is doing well this year.
 This is my best photo of a nasturtium. It really shows the color and texture well.  I especially like to shoot photos first thing in the morning while the sun is not too bright and there is some dew out in the garden.
I roasted all of these today.........love roasted tomatoes!  Slice them thick and place flat side down on a cookie sheet. Brush with oil and garlic salt and bake at 340 degrees for 2 hours.  Roasted tomatoes are great on pasta, on a slice of french bread, on a pizza or in a casserole.  I freeze the roasted tomatoes in baggies for the winter.

1 comment:

dianne said...

Your garden is beautiful dear Laura and the flowers are wonderful.
xoxoxo ♡