Friday, April 10, 2020

Still Social Distancing, Red Bartlett Pears

Red Bartlett pears social distancing. These are the last two pears I will have during this quarantine. I will miss them as I don't know when I will get another set of pears. Pears have been my friends over the years. Each week I would get two of them and place them on my studio fireplace. I would paint little paintings that are life size. Not big, very intimate. They were my little friends.
They would last about a week until they would pass away and I would put them in the yard for deer to eat.
Until distancing with this virus I would have them touching in lovely ways, an intimacy that I miss. But now they cannot as we cannot.
Here is to remembering and savoring what we have in our house...especially the last lemon or orange, apple or pear. Peace.

No comments: