Sunday, August 14, 2011

Storing Fresh Basil for Pesto Recipe


To store fresh basil, put them in a jar of cool water.  They can stay at room temperature for quite a while.  Do not store in the frig....they will turn brown.
When you are ready to make pesto...here you go:






  • 2 Cups of Fresh Basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 6 cloves of garlic
  • 3/4 Cup olive oil
  • 3/4 Cup of toasted pine nuts or pecans
  • 1/2 Cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese


Tips: I like to use a food processor.  I start with leaves and slowly start adding the rest of the ingredients...leaving the cheese for last.

I try to use as little oil as possible. All of the numbers can be changed, so have fun with it.
I like it on some nice ciabatta bread from Cantoro's. Let me know your pesto story.

No comments: