Tuesday, April 22, 2014

White Rose with Red Trim....Sugulite and Opera Pink


Here is a white rose with red trim that I painted last week. A friend gave me the rose for my birthday and I decided to paint it. These are some of my favorite colors: Opera Pink (Windsor Newton) Sugulite Purple (Daniel Smith Inc.) and Green Gold (Windsor Newton).
I wet the paper where I wanted to the rose to go, just around the red tips. Then I dropped in the Opera Pink. After that dried I added the Sugulite in the veins of the rose.
Finally I added the stem in Green Gold. That color is so earthy, a perfect compliment to the Opera Pink.
The background was put on last this time with Opera Pink.
Paint and Picnic classes are on Wednesday and Saturday morning, or by appointment.

The Stargazer lily below was done with the transparent triad, with a  little Undersea Green (Daniel Smith Inc) and orange gouache (Windsor Newton).
I

No comments: